First layers of cutting out, made some mistakes but able to fix it:
Cutting out sections for each page:
Complete left side:
Starting pattern on right side:
Complete right side:
All the paper I cut out of 392 pages:
Close up shot of the complete work:
Trying to be artistic with this photo…:
Full photo of documentation:
I’ve tested and trialed my random chance generator, and have designed it so that it is reliant on another person and their decisions, with their choices (unknown to the person being questioned) designed to led me to my site!!!! I’ll be uploading my results as well as my site soon, including the process of my chance generator.
My steps for my generator:
1) Wear 3D glasses labelled 1. Which colour is more apparent? Red or blue (Red=catch a red bus, blue=catch a blue bus)
2) Wear 3D glasses labelled 2 (glasses have different colours on either side of the eye, the opposite of glasses 1). Red=right or blue=left
3) Write down person’s birth-date and number in numerical form e.g. 24.3
4) Using answer from step 2, if left, use number on left side of step 3’s answer, and vice versa. (Numerical number used to dictate how long to stay on bus for.)
5) Using old cassette player, tell person to wind up/fix cassette, and time them. (Cassette tape is previously unwound, for convenience of this experiment. Number of seconds taken is the number of steps taken once off bus)
6) Ask for person’s favourite number. 1 digit=South 2 digits=North. Even number=East Odd number=West. (This will dictate direction of steps taken. Note that steps taken do not include crossing roads or over/around obstacles)
Use of the closest bus stop to where I’m living on campus that has both red and blue buses having frequent visits.
The site is determined by this process. Will upload results soon!